0 MEMBERS ONLINE Discord Server
JOIN 0 ONLINE PLAYERS pvp.desteria.com

Best Staff Member In All Of Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halogen

Nobility

https://gyazo.com/de9dbec85210c39e1f9f75038a08c45d
Blorbin pt 212156 you got someone advertising irl trades in chat but instead he is worried about banning people for dropping "n-word sticks" in spawn. He literally made that a known meme now since he muted people for it now he's trying to ban users for dropping items. How corrupt do staff get? Focus on chat moderation since clearly you have not gotten that down yet. Discuss below!

Subtact

Overlord
I think that’s definitely something staff should improve upon. Did blorb end up muting the advertising dude?

JMan

Ambassador
Just remove renaming items. 90% of the time it causes situations like this. The other 10%? Someone renames a sword and dies and loses it anyway.

They're causing way more problems than they are worth.
[doublepost=1549865201,1549865110][/doublepost]Oh, and also on the topic of blorb. I'd like the community as a whole to give this a read:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

@Porridge

Subtact

Overlord
hAhaH lets bait staff members into looking bad haHaha edgy!!
I don’t really think that’s what happening here. I love blorbin or corbin or whatever his forums username is Lol. But like if you want to continue to improve upon this server you kind of have to be a perfectionist and try to fix all issues as they arise.

Corbin

Staff member
Event Team
While I don't think you needed to go straight to posting a thread about this, I'll still thank you for bringing this to my attention. After noticing this last night I had asked Emmymerh about this rule, and we cleared up how that rule was meant to be enforced. I was under the impression that as long as you weren't discussing prices (eg. "Selling this for $20") you were all g. Although I learned that I shouldn't be allowing players to advertise that it's an irl trade at all. So, from now on, I will be doing that thing correctly, sorry about that, some things get away from me every once and while.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Halogen

Nobility
While I don't think you needed to go straight to posting a thread about this, I'll still thank you for bringing this to my attention. After noticing this last night I had asked Emmymerh about this rule, and we cleared up how that rule was meant to be enforced. I was under the impression that as long as you weren't discussing prices (eg. "Selling this for $20") you were all g. Although I learned that I shouldn't be allowing players to advertise that it's an irl trade at all. So, from now on, I will be doing that thing correctly, sorry about that, some things get away from me every once and while.

Thanks again!
Yep! This is a common rule learned as a recruit!

TheCashMan

Explorer

Thanks again!
You should stop apologizing so much and start doing your job.

Carbon

Helper
Oh, and also on the topic of blorb. I'd like the community as a whole to give this a read:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
Very insightful read, Jman.
[doublepost=1549915306,1549915173][/doublepost]
You should stop apologizing so much and start doing your job.
Apologies are a way of saying it wont happen again. You can't start to do your job untill you make sure others know you won't make the same mistakes again.

TheCashMan

Explorer
Very insightful read, Jman.
[doublepost=1549915306,1549915173][/doublepost]
Apologies are a way of saying it wont happen again. You can't start to do your job untill you make sure others know you won't make the same mistakes again.
seems like he apologizes for the same thing over and over, seems like you wouldnt know about starting to do your job considering you got demoted.

Carbon

Helper
seems like he apologizes for the same thing over and over, seems like you wouldnt know about starting to do your job considering you got demoted.
I didn't get demoted. I resigned from my position when somthing happened in my life I had to deal with.
[doublepost=1549971039,1549970977][/doublepost]
ha ha ha
inb4 i reSigned of freE wiLl and wAsnT aboUt to Get dEmoTed
Again. I didn't get demoted. Somthing happened in my life I had to deal with.

TheCashMan

Explorer
I didn't get demoted. I resigned from my position when somthing happened in my life I had to deal with.
[doublepost=1549971039,1549970977][/doublepost]
Again. I didn't get demoted. Somthing happened in my life I had to deal with.
whyd you change your signature from demoted to resigned then bud

Carbon

Helper
whyd you change your signature from demoted to resigned then bud
Because I was thinking of something diffrent when I retyped it. I resigned. You can see that on the staff wave of January. Plus I garuentee that @Corbin can vouch that I had some big stuff come up.
Do you think that with my standing with omega, that he would have told me I was going to get demoted and ask me to step down? No.

Last edited:

TheCashMan

Explorer
Because I was thinking of something diffrent when I retyped it. I resigned. You can see that on the staff wave of January. Plus I garuentee that @Corbin can vouch that I had some big stuff come up.
Do you think that with my standing with omega, that he would have told me I was going to get demoted and ask me to step down? No.
Alright whatever helps you sleep at night bud

Status
Not open for further replies.