Menu

1,187 MEMBERS ONLINE Discord Server
JOIN 0 ONLINE PLAYERS pvp.desteria.com

Anyone still gonna play if this sh*t comes back?

MajesticMuffin

Crusader
I know that there are like 10 people who ik who will come back but there will be no payout for winning and most of the OGs have moved on to college and sh*t.
So I'm just asking if there are more than 10+ people who will seriously come back if desty comes back.

Baelee

Overlord
I feel like they would need to advertise a **** ton to a new audience because factions is a dying gamemode and a lot of the og factions players have, as you said, moved on to college and bigger things. I'd be surprised if Desteria is ever a prospering server again but I'm sure they're hopeful.

WuYi

Crusader
I feel like they would need to advertise a **** ton to a new audience because factions is a dying gamemode and a lot of the og factions players have, as you said, moved on to college and bigger things. I'd be surprised if Desteria is ever a prospering server again but I'm sure they're hopeful.
you forget we're slowly seeing a new generation of faction players coming in...
its not dying we're just outgrowing it our selves

Onliest

Trailblazer
i mean you're not wrong, we are seeing a new generation of faction players, but also, the gamemode is not drawing nearly as much players as it used to. the "big factions servers" are like 1k players, when it used to be 5-10k.

Baelee

Overlord
I mean there will ALWAYS be players interested in Factions. But in saying that, that doesn't change the fact that in comparison to a lot of other gamemodes, and what used to be the big factions community, factions is rather dead in comparison. Considering a little while ago the homies and I tried to find a prospering factions server to play on that wasn't entirely **** and found very little to choose from - most servers having the player count that desty had before closing to 200ish. So yes, there are still people interested but not as many players are interested in Factions as there used to be. So therefore if they want to be a prospering server they really need to up the game and add more gamemodes and more opportunity for server traffic/money as well as advertise to try bring over all these newer gen factions players as well as maybe some old ones to show them the way. Because Desteria isn't THAT bad, but it needs the player count on a gamemode like Factions to be decent.

Baelee

Overlord
I'm coming to vancouver in a couple months lemme come dap you up
Post automatically merged:

So pretty much to have a good faction server you need it to not be a faction server
If you read anything else I said it's all about traffic, because as I also said, factions isn't as big as it used to be.

GamerGuy123

Forest Guardian
If you read anything else I said it's all about traffic, because as I also said, factions isn't as big as it used to be.
I did read it, and what I said stands. The whole premise of what you said is that if you want to make x big you have to add and move the focus to w, y and z. As a result it wouldn't be x anymore it would be w, y and z. Just because you don't understand what you said yourself, or what I said, doesn't mean I didn't read it :whistle:

WuYi

Crusader
Generally you all got decent ideas about "factions" as a sole gamemode, which is why to make sure of desterias survival skyblock is a great idea, desty still got some clout out there and i can imagine there would be a lot of interested parties to a "desteria themed skyblock" especially if they keep having some sort of pvp orientation as theyve always had