Announcement | Besen F-Top Winners & Changelog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega

Community Manager
Staff member
Manager

Greetings Desterians
First off, we’ll be covering Besen’s first F-Top Winners, as well as a reminder about the changelog that will come out later today.

Besen's F-Top Winners
If you don’t remember, or you didn’t read our previous announcement posts, we’ve changed the way the F-Top contest is processed! Whereas in the past, the only way to win money was to be the last faction standing at the end of the map, this time around you have opportunities to win gift cards all throughout the map! Every month! These calculations taken below report the winners of the first month of Besen’s lifespan. If you didn’t win this time around, keep working hard at it so you can have a shot at the next one.

First Place: OhDonkey - Leader: Zenix - $761,650,325.53

• Won a $100 Store Gift Card!- redeemed
Second Place: Redemption - Leader: tomasseti - $296,152,450.76
  • Won a $50 Store Gift Card! - redeemed
Third Place: OSU - Leader: Disbeliefs - $265,546,788.33
  • Won a $25 Store Gift Card!- redeemed

If you see your name, or your leader’s name on this list, please have them message a Manager as soon as is possible! They’ll be given a store gift card for the above-listed-amount that they’ll be free to use on themselves or their faction mates as they see fit. Congratulations to all winners!

Changelog Incoming
It’s not really a huge category, but I feel like there should be a section here to recognize the changelog as it’s so important (at least I hope so) to us as a Management group to actively communicate things that are being fixed or being worked on to try and keep you in the information loop as much as possible. You can find the changelog posted HERE later today.

Cheers,
Omega || Management Team

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob

Forest Guardian
James’ Demotion
I’m a bit conflicted about this next portion of information I’m about to share. On one hand, 99% of demotions are simply discussed privately and everyone is okay with it. People may not like it and may try and speak out, but usually this is simply handled by the demoted staff member and the person in question as they’ve gotten their reason explained to them already. However, James’ situation is a bit different and I feel like there needs to be a public explanation to explain our reasoning behind our decision. A non-biased explanation with all the facts. It’s outrageous that it even needs to come to this, but with staff member’s being threatened personally now, I feel it’s a necessary step to make sure the community understands all the information we have. These next bullet points will outline all of the decisions made by, and actions of James, that have lead us to this point. Keep in mind that the only goal this document aims to accomplish is to bring to light all the information available in the most objective way possible.
I know why you demoted him and I think any person would...
But I think it seems more personal when everyone on the server seems to think he works so hard and does his best and only you and Omen seem to not see that.

Logic

Ambassador
I know why you demoted him and I think any person would...
But I think it seems more personal when everyone on the server seems to think he works so hard and does his best and only you and Omen seem to not see that.
Give the document we linked a read. It's physically impossible that you'd have read it this fast - I have a feeling your opinion will change by the time you've finished it. It'll give some insight into how we've developed our opinion from things ya'll may not have seen, which obscure your view and opinion.

JuiceBox1314

Explorer
Omega and Logic have been and always will be lazy and inattentive to the wants/needs of the players. James was the only semi high ranking staff that stood up for himself and tried to further change on Desteria for the better. Horrible choices and Blue should be demoted 100% aswell for causing chaos in the staff team. If he doesn't get demoted he should resign as a sign of acknowledgement for the **** up he is.

Aeris

Overlord
Omega and Logic have been and always will be lazy and inattentive to the wants/needs of the players. James was the only semi high ranking staff that stood up for himself and tried to further change on Desteria for the better. Horrible choices and Blue should be demoted 100% aswell for causing chaos in the staff team. If he doesn't get demoted he should resign as a sign of acknowledgement for the **** up he is.
If you've read this and still think Blue deserves to be demoted, you're crazy.

ChatRoulette

Crusader
Give the document we linked a read. It's physically impossible that you'd have read it this fast - I have a feeling your opinion will change by the time you've finished it. It'll give some insight into how we've developed our opinion from things ya'll may not have seen, which obscure your view and opinion.
You're not demoted yet after a blatant video of you world editing?

CommanderLion

Nobility
Ngl don't know what to believe anymore. Even a statement from management at this point is iffy in itself. Doesn't help much either knowing the iLemon hasn't been around as of recent. This is something Lemon himself should've addressed because of the disconnect right now and the drama going on I mean after all this is his server and team.

Veyful

Backpacker
Whatever. James demotion was one of the greatest mistakes the mighty management has done yet. James is one of a kind. He cares about the server, the community. He has done something wrong but without him Desteria wouldn't be where it is right now. In fact, with the situation currently the server will die. It already almost happened once and it is the exact same now.

About Blue: Bad Staff. Does nothing.

Desteria is.... my bad, was the best server I've ever played on and I would like to keep playing it. If u haven't noticed yet I quit already because I just don't want to play a server which can't be handled the right way. See you all in the future. Hopefully.

Narwhalogy

Trailblazer
I hope the people can understand why James was demoted fully (he’s still a good friend of mine) and his actions were seemingly polar opposite of what he acted like. Although what Blue did was scummy, he felt it was the right thing - trust may be broken but let him deal with the hate he’s going to get (if any) and don’t amplify it.

please just understand so there’s no more drama in discord #niceguys!

Status
Not open for further replies.