A Questionnaire about Caden, the custom enchant realm.

Discussion in 'General' started by Cansky, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Cansky

Cansky Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Content Team

Ratings:
    +984
    Cansky
    We would like to ask you Caden players or ones driven away about what you would change in the current gameplay of Caden.

With 3-4 custom enchants every 2 weeks, there has been an oversaturation of custom enchants that from our perspective did not affect gameplay in a clearly positive way.

What do you find overpowered? Useless?
    What do you see in Caden that pushes new players away?
    What do you see in Caden that makes mid-reset boring?
    What do you think we should add or change to the current meta?

Please try answering the questions above in a constructive manner. We're looking forward to making Caden as active as it was in the start.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Breweyy

Breweyy Explorer

Ratings:
    +260
    Breweyy
    I find that the bow enchants are quite casual and good for the moment despite my previous comments now that Mythiixx and Lolithyu don't play anymore.

Although I find that people in god sets completely destroying noobies in prot 4 or lower can drive people away hence they believe they have no chance considering a god weapon can straight up 3 shot a full like p2 set.

I find that the reset is now completely boring hence (from the f top 1 perspective) no "good" factions played this reset therefore there was no competition nor outcome. It was dejavu from Ceira and Zulen when (Pirates) won Zulen when it was first released.

For the meta although, perhaps add more bard related enchants hence it's VERY easy to escape PvP with a gset on cause of stoneforge and etc. Although I do appreciate the Disguise enchantment being nerfed so that it doesn't blow up items when activated... it doesn't really matter hence a 4+ man can even struggle to kill a singular player cause of simple things such as the springs enchant players being able to JUMP into the safezone /wild warp and the End KOTH arena. Making it impossible to gain gear.

I'd suggest removing axe mccmo, completely removing that would serve a nice purpose. Don't add anymore sword enchantments what we have currently is more than enough although more bow enchants or perhaps even more helmet enchants??? I'm not sure but, the meta is practically ruined by Springs (Getting Out) and Axes (at a high enough level can completely destroy somebody) also a nerf to stoneforge?? hence no armor can break making gset fights take over 30mins+ to actually end. If you can hit the target just a few times within a fight your set will completely repair itself without a hassle making fights endure for hours XD

1. I now find "Disguise" useless now that it doesn't blow up gear or actually HURT players with the creepers :/

2. Add more pvp styled fishing rod enchantments

3. Get that lazy Spifey in here, for actual content so that it can bring along players from other servers.

4. Remove Axe Mccmo

5. Maybe have KOTH more recent? Than other realms which would increase PvP productivity

This is a final conclusion which doesn't need to be added or really considered I just thought it'd be nice to hear other opinions from this statement I'm about to make.

I believe that even removing Caden in search for either another vanilla realm like what we had with Krynn, Sepre and Eldyn would be a nice touch so that all Caden members can have their rank notes transferred towards whichever realm they'd like this would remove all the hate towards caden and confusion with the staff team on the lack of the population and or player count on the caden community.

I'm literally the only active Caden forum poster, hence you won't really receive any constructive criticism from anyone other than myself.
    Perhaps make a new vanilla realm which would take the stress off the teams shoulders trying to make caden more populated and in seeking a brand new, never before seen realm which would have gen buckets just like Besen (try to make Auren the most basic vanilla realm out there) and have a massive announcement and just all in all give the caden players another chance to redeem their ranks onto another realm with more competition and excitement hence everybody on Caden is just really disappointed from the lack of competition and consideration towards the pvp styles (hence the team doesn't really know what its like from their perspective til you actually fight somebody)

Thanks for listening, I'm quite open for feedback.

P.S (Late Edit) although I'd appreciate the full coupon pricing if this does occur or is in fact taken into consideration hence the realm has been up for longer than 2 months when the regular waiting time is roughly 3 months.

#2 Breweyy, Aug 6, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. WuYii

WuYii Previously AminxFusion

Ratings:
    +24
    +1 i agree with everything brew has mentioned ^

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ryan

Ryan Crusader

Ratings:
    +678
    Ryan_1998
    Give up on this ****ty realm and concentrate on the little you have left in other realms...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. PrismoDaKill

PrismoDaKill Recruit

Ratings:
    +76
    PrismoDaKill
    What do you find overpowered? Useless?
    To a lot of people, Glow (for helmet), Disguise (for chestplate), Harvest (for hoe), and Dynamite (for pickaxe) are all very useless enchants that I believe many would like for them to be gone. Glow is useless because you can modify your Gamma in options.txt so it looks like you always have Night Vision (and Glow makes it really hard to see in the Nether), Disguise is useless for the reason @Breweyy stated, it doesn't really blow up armor, it just kinda hurts the player. Harvest is useless because nobody in their right mind would actually farm potatoes/carrots/etc on a server like this, its all buying Steak or doing /feed or /eat. Dynamite is useless (as of right now) because it doesn't give the correct amount of exp if it's paired with the Wisdom enchant. (If paired with Wisdom 3, as most people have this enchant,) it gives 26 exp for the 18 blocks it breaks instead of 144 exp. If this were fixed (or at least buffed) this would make everyone appreciate it more.
    There aren't any overpowered enchants, they all are very balanced, however I'd like to see the rates of some enchants like Gears, Frostbite, and Thornmail to be higher. No more Collect/Glow, Harvest, or Accelerate crap every time I open a book. I understand its supposed to be a balance between good and bad enchants, but come on, this happens 8 times out of 10 (and I think most Cadeneers can relate, yes I just said Cadeneers).

What do you see in Caden that pushes new players away?
    I think what pushes new players away from Caden is that everyone at some point has already made a "god set" per se where they have a set of armor/tools with every good enchant on it. Because other players have these, it could push away new players because it's intimidating to them. They start out with next to nothing whilst players who've been around for a while have already made a decent set. Plus, grinding for those enchants would take a very long time, so the time-intensive point would also be a factor in pushing new players away.

What do you see in Caden that makes mid-reset boring?
    Everyone at this point already has a demi-god or full god set, and its hard to raid somebody stronger than your own faction (bad armor vs god armor, along with faction sizes/defenses), or even raiding at all because everyone is online and/or has a god set. Because nobody is raiding each other, everyone has a god set, and you don't necessarily have to grind for another god set. Nothing is really happening, so that makes it boring.

What do you think we should add or change to the current meta?

Perhaps the chances for more favored enchants could be raised by a little bit more, and for new players, give them a certain amount of custom enchant books to let them start off, like 16 Common, 6 Rares, and 3 Elites in a special default kit. This might seem like a lot, but as anyone that mains Caden knows, this isn't very much at all, but to new players, this would be a chance to make it somewhere on this realm.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 6, 2018, Original Post Date: Aug 6, 2018 ---
    Hey I'm also here, I'm a Cadeneer too ya know. :)

#5 PrismoDaKill, Aug 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tabby

Tabby Crusader

Ratings:
    +558
    TabbyTops
    So basically things are failing.

Look, I haven't played a custom enchant realm once ever since Zulen was released. Now really what you guys should be thinking is 'what can we staff do to make players like him join'.

What you need to do is make a meta where 1) good gear is more easily attainable, and 2) PvP don't last forever.

You've created a meta throughout all of Zulen, Ceira and Caden where I hear fights go on forever, be it from flying out of combat or unbreakable armor or jumping out of pvp etc.

And all this higher up gear is too hard to attain. Rightfully so a god set should be hard to get your hands on but the other realms succeed because new players can run in naked to pvp and hopefully swipe decent stuff (P.S. /pvp needs to be smaller because of this). That's what's missing and that's why the player count is low there. Fights are endless therefore gear doesn't drop therefore it can't be swiped. It's not enjoyable for veteran players and new players find it too hard to get started. Those are my thoughts for someone who has never played the custom enchant realms but always heard about them.

EDIT: And listen to @Breweyy , He's been playing the custom enchant realms ever since Zulen came out and he left Krynn. We poked fun at him for moving there lol. But for real he knows the most and I see him making countless suggestions on the forums. Literally just have a staff meeting with him in it.

#6 Tabby, Aug 6, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. Mythiixx

Mythiixx Explorer

Ratings:
    +147
    I completely Agree with Breweyy. The thing is that Caden just gets boring. PvP is boring, nobody can usually raid, everyone has god sets which they don't use.

Their really isn't any good factions that compete there so..

Caden really just becomes boring and there's usually say 30 people on and a good 15 of those are Alts and a further 5 or so are usually AFK.

@Cansky
    I also agree with Pandora ;P

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Bonfiyah

Bonfiyah Nobility

Ratings:
    +944
    Bonfiyah
    I don’t play Caden. Custom enchants are cool for the most part, but some pvp enchants turn me off to the realm. Particularly the ones that increase the length of battles between kitted out players - I'm told they can easily last at least half an hour. On top of that, most of these duels, for one reason or another, don't end with either player dying. No thanks.

Gear takes too long to get, which makes people aim to conserve their god sets and survive duels, which leads to unfulfilling pvp. Not to mention how much this whole system excludes newer, less experienced players from joining the realm.

In the future, maybe consider limiting the number of enchants / custom enchants you can actually add on each piece of equipment. Could cut down on the grind to make god equipment as well as the length of duels (?). Would be helpful to see Caden players respond to this part, 'cause I really don't know the realm well enough.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Cansky

Cansky Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Content Team

Ratings:
    +984
    Cansky
    This is merely the reason this thread exists. We’re using this to get feedback on Caden while we focus on others.
    I remember when I played Zulen I had a similar experience with the custom enchants, like receiving OP regen when you get low with the cooldown that lets you fight for much longer than it should last. Back then, there were no fix all or enchants to repair armour which meant that the PvP meta acted on it. I see that a nerf is needed on certain enchants to make PvP more interesting and shorter.

I also like the suggestion of starting off with custom enchant books. As much as they were part of the economy, I think it is well needed to get people familiarized with custom enchants and keep them going for the long run.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. PylonicPanda

PylonicPanda Explorer

Ratings:
    +145
    Hey!! I’m an (too) active forums poster from Caden too.
    I suggest making g-sets less OP or easier to get, because trying to do any sort of pvp on Caden is hard for newer players and/or players who don’t spend weeks trying to get a single g-set just to lose it in a gank fight at boss or KOTH.
    Also a reset would bring players as well as Spifey

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Wavy

Wavy Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Content Team Event Team

Ratings:
    +173
    WavyXO
    My only comment is to make fly the same on all realms or at-least relatively. I understand how Caden should have its own variation of pvp, but flying after someone is completely ridiculous. I really do enjoy the custom enchant pvp, I just wish players with titan couldn't fly near enemy's. From my experience its something that will and is preserved as p2w. Either running from, or chasing a player with Titan when your without it, is near to impossible, and what drove me away from the realm in the first place.

How to fix it: Make it so enemy's cant fly within a 30 block radius of each-other.

No comment on custom enchants, when I had left I enjoyed everything about them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. WuYii

WuYii Previously AminxFusion

Ratings:
    +24
    agreed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mythiixx

Mythiixx Explorer

Ratings:
    +147
    The fly thing would be nice, I agree :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Olivinq

Olivinq Previously oliver161

Ratings:
    +55
    I will explain the issue of caden in short. Egirls are the only ones on the server who can raid us. We cant raid anglers/Egirls are too lazy too. So f top will stay still for the rest of the map. This kills off any new players and makes playing caden (unless your Egirls,Anglers or chrono) boring. The issue with Custom Enchants is that it is too easy to stop raids and it makes raids not fun. I know this probably wont happen but the only way to really improve Caden is too implement "events" into it. These events can shift f top and give people 5 igs if they win or 20 blazes for factions and people will actually compete for f top because at the moment the adverage players is 20-30 which is poor. Oliver - Leader Of chrono/cruxe

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. PossessedHippo

PossessedHippo Citizen

Ratings:
    +56
    I completely agree with all that has been said above. PvP takes too long and most of the time, just isn't worth it. Some people (hi octaret) just fly away, while others get killed and their sets get clearlagged. New players do not stand a chance, and are intimidated and scared by the more experienced players in god sets. Even I get scared when a particular person is online (hi brew), so I'm thinking that enchants need to be more balanced. Releasing more enchants just makes life more difficult for me, I'd rather be focusing on other things than my god set which is no longer a god set. I don't see a problem with raiding, mainly because I never do it. Caden needs a reset (and a purge ;D) to bring more competition and fun to the realm.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Breweyy

Breweyy Explorer

Ratings:
    +260
    Breweyy
    Thank you all for the positive feedback on my criticism <3

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. LKX7ADHD

LKX7ADHD Citizen

Ratings:
    +23
    TheMythologist
    When he's on I don't even dare to go for boss or outpost xD

I really agree with this, most people who are on or from eGirls, Anglers or Chrono, the rest are just a few random factions who chose this realm wrongly.

I agree with this too, even though I probably can afford to make a gset like pretty quickly, I didn't bother, knowing that I'll just lose all that effort in a fight/raid, choosing instead to abstain as much as I can from pvp in Caden (which is why I normally ask for 1v1 on event or ffa instead :p)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Msrules123

Msrules123 Developer
    Staff Member Developer

Ratings:
    +68
    The enchantment actually used to be compatible with Wisdom and did give the full 144 experience. I was asked to remove it (and give the extra experience for only the source block mined) because enchants were extremely easy to obtain because experience was so common. That is why it was nerfed heavily, because at the time, and currently, enchantments are designed to be hard to get.

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. PrismoDaKill

PrismoDaKill Recruit

Ratings:
    +76
    PrismoDaKill
    Ah ok, that makes a lot of sense now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. LEGALIST

LEGALIST Crusader

Ratings:
    +539