Menu

0 MEMBERS ONLINE Discord Server
JOIN 0 ONLINE PLAYERS pvp.desteria.com

12/01/15 | Forum Downtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambushment

Overlord

Hey guys, just checking in with a quick update regarding the recent, short-lived, forum hacking. The forum underwent an emergency shutdown earlier today issued by me. A group of hackers were able to exploit into our xenforo software and deface our forum.

Forum Downtime
Within minutes of the event, I ran immediate mitigation with our team and began further investigation. Despite the already high security across our network and website, it is our priority to ensure that your personal information is kept safe and encrypted through us. After further investigation, the hacking turned out to be a complete hoax. The user responsible for the hacking obtained a password belonging to one of our forums super-administrators (will not be named). After obtaining access to the account, the hacker used the administrator panel to update the index of the forum.

As always, we take precaution and are generally very quick with issues like these. I would like to inform all users that your information is completely safe and encrypted (with the way our forum software was made, we actually have no way of obtaining your passwords directly). We have taken further precaution to ensure issues like these no longer occur. And if they were to, I'll still be sitting right here with my guns fully loaded.

Oh, and a big thank you to @chckn for an enormous amount of help during the situation. He'll be ensuring our security is higher than ever, even better than it is now (and that's something)! Peace out, and happy adventuring!

Fabiio

Nobility

Hey guys, just checking in with a quick update regarding the recent, short-lived, forum hacking. The forum underwent an emergency shutdown earlier today issued by me. A group of hackers were able to exploit into our xenforo software and deface our forum.

Forum Downtime
Within minutes of the event, I ran immediate mitigation with our team and began further investigation. Despite the already high security across our network and website, it is our priority to ensure that your personal information is kept safe and encrypted through us. After further investigation, the hacking turned out to be a complete hoax. The user responsible for the hacking obtained a password belonging to one of our forums super-administrators (will not be named). After obtaining access to the account, the hacker used the administrator panel to update the index of the forum.

As always, we take precaution and are generally very quick with issues like these. I would like to inform all users that your information is completely safe and encrypted (with the way our forum software was made, we actually have no way of obtaining your passwords directly). We have taken further precaution to ensure issues like these no longer occur. And if they were to, I'll still be sitting right here with my guns fully loaded.

Oh, and a big thank you to @chckn for an enormous amount of help during the situation. He'll be ensuring our security is higher than ever, even better than it is now (and that's something)! Peace out, and happy adventuring!
You still sitting there with the guns fully loaded ._.

Straight out savage

Status
Not open for further replies.