Welcome to the official Desteria Rules & Regulations thread! When accessing any of our services, you are expected to abide by the following rules and conditions. Failure to comply may lead to a partial or complete restriction to the aforementioned services. With your cooperation, we can ensure that the network is a safe and healthy environment for all players. NOTE: Printing on live servers is not permitted and could result in a ban.
- The rules stated below are not, in any way, an exhaustive list of offences that are punishable.
- Any changes may be made to the following thread without prior notice.
- Players are expected to familiarize themselves with the rules upon utilizing any of our services.
- “I didn't know that was against the rules” will not be accepted as an appeal or excuse in any case. As soon as you join our network (any of it's platforms) and begin using them, we will treat you as if you had read the rules and agreed to them.
- Warnings are a precaution against clueless new players and do NOT have to be given out against players who clearly know what they're doing. This said, it is within a Staff Member's rights to give warnings for tier one infractions as they see fit.
- Joking about or pretending to break any rule may result in the same punishment as if the player were actually breaking the rule. It is not our job to determine whether or not you are joking or simply messing around with a friend.
- If you make a statement about another user, we will assume it is true. If you release information, we will assume it is accurate. If you insult someone, whether or not they truly share the characteristic you insulted, we will assume they do for the purposes of punishing you.
- Hindering staff's ability to moderate chat purposely is a punishable offense.
- [May 31st, 2018] Thread published.
- [June 18th, 2018] Cleared up that allies claims count towards your 7x7 raid claims if adjacent to claims of your own. Yours, plus that of your friendly factions, cannot exceed a 7x7 area.
- [June 18th, 2018] Updated Forums and Discord Rules section to match the In-Game parameters, along with an overhaul of the distributed points that attach to our warning system.
- [June 30th, 2018] Added a rule against insiding and betraying factions back to the Tier 3 section.
- [July 5th, 2018] Clarified that users whom return the goods they stole after insiding a faction will not be banned if the victim faction is satisfied.
- [July 21st, 2018] Clarified the personal information release section of the T3 rule to explain that our intention isn't to ban users for joking, but rather to enforce a strict rule against users genuine intents to releases others' information. It was clarified that if necessary, Management will take individual cases and resolve them as is seen most appropriate.
- [July 30th, 2018] Updated "Personal Attacks // Slurs // Offensive Behaviour" section specifically referencing the word "gay" and it's restricted usage.
- [August 2nd, 2018] Clarified that plugin misuse will result in a 24h, not a 7d tempban, if the behavior continues after a kick.
- [August 9th, 2018] Elaborated on an older announcement post that explains regen walls are not legal on Desteria by officially adding a statement about them to the "Illegal Defenses" section of the "Gameplay Rules and Regulations" page.
- [October 3rd, 2018] Added a disclaimer regarding players purposely trying to hinder staff's ability to moderate chat.
- [October 15th, 2018] Added clarification that Discord Links to other servers are also punishable under the 'Advertisements' rule.
- [October 29th, 2018] Altered and clarified the 'Sensitive Information Release' Tier 1 rule.
- [January 16th, 2019] Updated the Tier 2 offenses to include using Printer as a bannable offense.
- January 16th, 2019] Added a third section to the "F-Top Contest" section of the Gameplay Rules and Regulations clarifying how Factions will now win F-Top Coupons across multiple realms.
- [January 16th, 2019] Added a clarification to how we're going to hand out top voting rewards from this point forward.
- [February 10th, 2019] Updated the "Can I use the word 'gay'?" clause to include the term 'retard/retarded' as well.
- [February 16th, 2019] Updated the cannon box limit from 7x7 to 10x10. Also added a cannon box buffer zone to keep factions from combining their cannon boxes into a giant cannon zone.
- [March 30th, 2019] Updated the following rules:
- Addendum for "No Spamming" covering the punishment of enticers.
- Addendum for "Be Respectful" covering the punishment of enticers.
- Rework of "Sensitive Information" that goes more in-depth about social media releases.
- Addendum to "Illegal Teleport Trapping" to further explain what isn't allowed.
- Added an explanation for the new Faction Strike System we'll be using under "Gameplay Rules and Regulations".
- Addendum to "20 chunk buffer limit" section clarifying how multiple bases either from the same faction or other factions should set up their claims
- Addendum to "Raid Claims" section regarding claiming your cannon box and how outside claims interact with it.
- Changed how we handle Nuisance claims over the course of the map.
- Updated "F-Top Contest" to be more clear on what is and isn't allowed near the end of the map so mistakes are less likely to be made in the future.
- [April 17th, 2019] Updated the following rules:
- Addendum added to the F-Top Contest in regards to Merging
- Addendum added to Buffer Claims to address factions building too closely together
- Removed hoppers from the Inside Rule section since they no longer carry value
- [April 19th, 2019] Updated the following rules:
- Addendum added in Raid Claims regarding making unclaimed defenses in front of a defending faction's counter cannon
- Re-worded the rule regarding raid claims so it's a bit easier to understand.
- [April 21st, 2019] Addendum created under the Exploits rule to include faction names.
- Tier One Offenses - In-Game
- Tier Two Offenses- In-Game
- Tier Three Offenses- In-Game
- Illegal Modifications and Hacked Client Policy
- Gameplay Rules and Regulations
- Screenshare Policy
- Evasion Policy
- Forums and Discord Rules
Last edited by a moderator: